Successfully aging at home requires a multi-faceted approach targeting all areas of wellness. A proactive plan will help individuals, families and professionals to better mitigate the effects of unexpected situations.
Creating an accessible home through an OT evaluation and assessment is a critical component of aging in place.
We hope you find valuable resources within this landing page and reach out with additional questions and comments.
Home Assessment Tools
- Happy at Home Consulting referral form: https://happyathomeconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Home-Modifications-Referral-Program-v4.pdf
- Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
- Search by zipcode here: https://eldercare.acl.gov/Public/About/Aging_Network/AAA.aspx
- CDC Check for Safety
- Assessment here: https://www.cdc.gov/steadi/pdf/check_for_safety_brochure-a.pdf
- Online AARP Home Fit Guide
- Print Guide
- iOS App
- Link here: https://www.aarp.org/livable-communities/housing/info-2020/homefit-worksheets.html
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS)
- Credential from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Find a CAPS here: “Professionals with Home Building Designations”
Funding Home Modifications
Habitat for Humanity
Locating & Funding Equipment
Iowa Financial Assistance Programs
Additional Des Moines Resources